Internships and Fellowships
Internship Positions for Spring 2015
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, starting December 10, until two positions are filled. Only candidates in consideration will be contacted.
As an SSDP intern, you will work closely with staff members to perform a variety of tasks at our Washington, DC Headquarters. Interns help provide resources and support to SSDP chapters and members, assist with outreach and communications, and update SSDP literature and campaign materials. Opportunities to write for the SSDP blog will also be available for interested candidates.
Applicants must be:
- strongly supportive of ending the war on drugs and marijuana prohibition;
- proficient in Google docs and Microsoft Word;
- a very strong written and verbal communicator;
- comfortable talking on the phone;
- energetic and optimistic;
- responsive, diligent, efficient, and inclusive;
- organized and detail-oriented (if you can find any errors in this job description, please let us know!);
- able to commute to/work in our DC office. We will consider remote positions on a case by case basis, but strongly prefer local candidates.
This internship will span the length of the spring 2015 semester, from January to May. Start and end dates are flexible depending on selected candidates’ schedules
This is a part-time position with evening and weekend commitments, and may require minimal travel within DC. Selected candidates will be expected to work 12-20 hours per week.
A small stipend/travel reimbursement of $100/month will be provided.
How to apply (please complete both steps – incomplete applications will not be considered):
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Candidates who have already submitted applications, and who are under consideration, will be contacted shortly. Candidates not in consideration will not be contacted.