Facebook is one of the most useful tools available to student organizations. Here are a few tips for using Facebook to its fullest potential:
2) MAKE IT GLOBAL: When selecting the network, be sure to choose “Global” rather than your school or city. This will allow other SSDP members from across the country to see your group, while allowing SSDP’s staff to assist your chapter.
4) INVITE EVERYONE YOU KNOW
5) ACTIVELY INVITE NEW SUPPORTERS: You should always have a sign up sheet during meetings or when you table on campus. Search for new members on Facebook and invite them to the group.
6) USE FACEBOOK TO PROMOTE EVENTS: Facebook is a great way to get the word out about events your chapter is hosting. Once people RSVP, you can send reminder messages the week of and the day of the event. However, don’t rely primarily on Facebook for promotion — be sure to print up a good amount of good ol’ fashioned flyers and leaflets.
7) SEND OUT MEETING MINUTES AND OTHER UPDATES
8) CONSISTENTLY UPLOAD PICS AND VIDEOS OF CHAPTER MEMBERS AND EVENTS