This weekend, our chapter at the University of Michigan will be hosting the 2012 Midwest Regional SSDP Conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
This conference serves to unite the Midwest SSDP chapter network for a weekend of education, discussion, networking, training workshops, and expert presentations aimed to help us refine our skills as advocates for ending the destructive war on drugs. We have a full schedule lined up, and lots to talk about.
The conference will kick off tonight with a welcome reception and networking social at the Clarion Hotel starting at 7pm. So, if you are in town, please join us as we greet our attendees and network with other drug policy reformers from the Midwest region. The conference content will begin on Saturday morning at 9am, and ends with a potluck networking social in Ann Arbor, complete with live music and a film screening. So, be sure to join us, and bring your favorite food to share. See you in Ann Arbor!
Lodging Location: We have reserved a room block at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center in Ann Arbor.
Clarion Hotel Ann Arbor
2900 Jackson Ave.,
Ann Arbor, MI, US, 48103
Conference Location: The conference will take place in the University of Michigan’s beautiful Rackham Graduate School, and the conference begins at 9am on Saturday morning.
Rackham Graduate School 915 E. Washington St. Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Conference Schedule:Friday November 9, 2012 Welcome Reception and Registration at Clarion Inn Conference Center 7:00-10:00pm Saturday November 10, 2012
- Registration, Breakfast, and Welcoming 9:30am
- Opening Speaker: Leon Drolet, Institute for Humane Studies 10:00 am
- The Science of Drugs and Policy: Chris Chiles, SSDP Alumnus and Former SSDP Board Member 11:15 am
- Panel Session 1 ( A: Chapter Recruitment Workshop and B: Chapter Diversity Panel) 12:30 pm
- Lunch on your own 1:30 pm
- Panel Session 2 (A: Chapter Fundraising Workshop and B: Michigan Moms United Panel) 2:30 pm
- Panel Session 3 (A: Reality-Based Drug Education Panel and B: Intra-Movement Cooperation Panel) 3:45 pm
- Conference Closing 5:00 pm