We want to expand the SSDP network in California in 2016 and we’re looking to our best student activists to help make that happen!
Are you an SSDP rockstar in California? Do you think you can build a chapter (or 3) at a neighboring school? Do you like money as well as the intrinsic reward of recruiting the next class of SSDPers? If you answered yes to those questions, you’re an ideal candidate for our 2016 California Microgrants program, through which you can earn $500 for each chapter you successfully build!
How does it work?
- Submit your proposal/timeline for how and where you will build a chapter
- Your proposal must include detailed strategy and methods.
- Timelines can be no longer than 90 days.
- If we like your proposal, we’ll work with you to finalize it and get you started.
- Upon approval of proposal, $250 will be awarded.
- Upon completion of activity, the remaining $250 will be awarded.
To qualify for the full award, you must prove that the new chapter:
- has at least 3 officers and a president;
- holds regular weekly meetings (2 must be held before chapter considered established);
- is responsive and in proactive contact with national office;
- has a mailing list of at least 30 people
- Recruitment materials will be provided by SSDP and may include a banner, t-shirts, care packages, etc. which will become the property of your chapter upon completion of activity.
- Partial rewards and timeline extensions will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
Think you have what it takes? Get started!