This week is the last week to register for #Sensible2020: The Young People’s Drug Policy Conference + Lobby Day, Students for Sensible Drug Policy’s annual international conference. Starting Saturday, February 29th, registration rates will go up. We don’t want you to miss out, so register today for the biggest SSDP event of the year!
#Sensible2020 will bring more than 350 SSDP chapter members, alumni, and allies to Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC from March 27-30 for:
- Educational programming. The cutting-edge core conference program includes prominent keynote speakers and panels addressing urgent and emerging subjects in drug policy reform, harm reduction, leadership, organizing, and advocacy. We recently published some of the exciting sessions in development, check them out here!
- Awards Ceremony + Dance Party. Outstanding members and allies are celebrated at our awards ceremony followed by a dance party featuring SSDP’s house band, The Wets, and DJs.
- SSDP Congress. Board members are elected and governing resolutions are processed when every SSDP member participates in defining their SSDP.
- Lobby Day. On Monday, we’ll bus attendees and allies from Baltimore to Washington, DC to lobby Congress in support of sensible drug policy.
- And more. Nearly non-stop opportunities to connect with advocates and leaders of the drug policy reform movement are facilitated through an alumni gathering, meetups, networking, and other events throughout the weekend.
Hotel booking is available now at the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. Visit our conference homepage and scroll down to the “travel and lodging” section for instructions on how to book. Discounted rooms are available until March 9 or until our room block sells out, whichever comes first.
Members of SSDP chapters are eligible to exchange their earned Chapter Activity Tracker points for conference registration and lodging. Contact your Movement Building Fellow, Global Program Coordinator, or send an email to email@example.com to make those arrangements as soon as you can.
- Regular member registration (between Feb. 7 and Feb. 28): 275 points
- Late member registration (after Feb. 28): 325 points
- Space in a shared hotel room for 3 nights: 130 points
P.S. Want to nominate a member of our network or a chapter for an award? Check out our award nomination form. Nominations are due by Friday, February 28th.