- SSDP’s comments and Relevant Summary of the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act is in progress, due September 1st
- New actions added to the Action Center!
- New U.S Policy Council Tactical Team Vote Tracker started July 2021
- U.S Policy Quick Links – Policy council members are welcome to build on and contribute to this living resource. Be sure to check it out and add to it, it is changing all of the time! Not a member? Sign up here!
All current legislative endorsements and sign-on letters for Congress and the Biden administration can be found here.
Please consider taking a quick moment to share and use the Action Center!
Do you have a state/province, national/federal, or international action you want endorsed or to be listed on the SSDP Action Center? Email email@example.com and we can help you set that up!
Issue Group Updates & Relevant Highlights:
- Working on Cannabis Administration Opportunity Act (CAOA) comments and summary, the Senate bill to legalize marijuana with restorative justice measures
- Continuing outreach for more chapters to sign-on to the More Act endorsement letter
- Drug Decriminalization Resolution receiving final touches, to be public in the next few weeks
- Drug Decriminalization Model Ordinances for implementing the Resolution will be made in collaboration with the Parabola Center
- Guide on how to pass the Drug Decriminalization Resolution and Ordinances is in progress
- New Drug Policy Reform Action Center letter
Global Drug Policy – Crop Eradication Coalition
- 80+ orgs/individuals have signed on to the letter
- Day of action to demand the end of aerial crop eradication of psychoactive plants in Latin America (October 11th, to replace Columbus day)
- Establishment of August 11th call on Coca, Colombia, and Congress
- July and August hiatus
- Working with Cannabis group to establish comments for the CAOA
Sentencing, Re-entry, and Juvenile Justice Reform
- Working on a letter for the action center to address the EQUAL Act, reducing sentencing disparities between crack cocaine and powder cocaine.
Highlights in the News:
- We Know How to Fix the Clemency Process. So Why Don’t We?
- A New Standard for Community Supervision: Continue Reforms as We Reimagine the System
- Biden’s Prisoner Dilemma
- AOC Promotes Research On Benefits Of Psychedelics Like Psilocybin And MDMA With New Amendment
- Is Biden Overlooking Bureau of Prisons as Reform Target?
- Proximity to Marijuana Retailers Doesn’t Influence Young People’s Intention to Use Cannabis
- Oakland City Council and San Francisco Board of Supervisors Approve Resolutions to Support AB 1256
- Editorial: Sha’Carri Richardson’s suspension was fair, but the marijuana rule isn’t
- Michael Phelps Olympian Pot Use
To Share – Social Media, Workshops, Reports, and Toolkits: