- Appropriations Memos and Part 1 Slide Deck released, check U.S policy council website!
- SSDP MORE Act Chapter and Allied Organization Sign On Letter
- June Hiatus
- Special Pre-Hiatus US Policy Council Meeting Tuesday, June 1st 4-5pm monthly agenda here
- U.S Policy Quick Links – everyone is welcome to build on and contribute to this living resource. Be sure to check it out and add to it, it is changing all of the time!
All 117th Congress legislative endorsements and sign-on letters can be found here
Please consider taking a quick moment to share and use the Action Center!
Do you have a state/province, national/federal, or international action you want endorsed or to be listed on the SSDP Action Center? Email email@example.com and we can help you set that up!
Issue Group Updates & Relevant Highlights:
- MORE Act Reintroduced in the House – SSDP Press Release
- Compiling a list of how all states treat marijuana possession for individuals under the age of 21
- Delta-8 Hemp Derivative SSDP Stance
Psychedelic Policy Group
Global Drug Policy and UN Advocacy
Sentencing, Re-entry, and Juvenile Justice Reform
- Defund Police from Schools and fully fund Juvenile Justice Reform
Highlights in the News:
- Biden Fiscal Year 2022 Budget
- Biden Falls Short On Criminal Justice Reform In First 100 Days
- White House officials meet virtually with criminal justice reform advocates
- The Heartbreaking Impact Of Incarceration On Women And Girls
- Home confinees face imminent return to prison
- Young People With Criminal Records Need To Be Included in Economic Recovery Efforts
- DOJ faces big decision on home confinement
- Justices seem to split with senators, DOJ on interpretation of drug sentencing law
- Attorney General Merrick B. Garland Announces New Effort to Reduce Violent Crime
To Share – Social Media, Reports, and Toolkits:
- Economic Wellbeing of U.S. Adults with Experiences with Incarceration & Unpaid Legal Costs.
- ACLU HR 40 Reparations Bill Tool Kit
Tactical Team Updates:
Tactical team will be operating and reachable during the June Policy Council Hiatus