Over the course of three days every other fall, the SSDP network comes together to celebrate, learn, connect, and advocate at the SSDP Conference + Lobby Days. This year, SSDP2014 will bring more than 400 student members, alumni, and supporters to Washington, DC for our largest-ever gathering featuring:
- Educational programming. The core conference program will include prominent keynote speakers and panels addressing the hottest topics in policy, harm reduction, leadership, organizing, and advocacy.
- Awards Ceremony + Dance Party. SSDP recognizes outstanding network members with a biannual awards ceremony followed by a dance party.
- SSDP Job Fair. Students and alumni will have a unique opportunity to connect with drug policy reform organizations and legal marijuana-related businesses seeking to enhance their growing staffs with young people who are uniquely dedicated and already trained in leadership skills.
- Student Congress. Our annual student board member election and governing resolution process invites all SSDP members to participate in defining their SSDP.
- Lobby Days. Students, alumni, and network members will have a unique opportunity to lobby Members of Congress on a core issue for the SSDP network and other critical drug policy reforms with a team of like-minded advocates.
- And more. Alumni gatherings, regional meetups, networking meals, and other events offer nearly non-stop opportunities to connect with advocates and leaders of the drug policy reform movement!
Discounted early bird registration rates are available until 11:59pm EST Friday June 27th. On 6/28 registration rates will increase. The deadline to register is September 5.
Limited scholarships will be awarded to current students through our scholarship application process. The application period is May 1 – August 25 at 11:59pm EST. Late submissions will not be accepted. The form can be found here and the FAQs can be found here.
Have an idea for a session at the conference? Submit a proposal!
The deadline to submit session proposals is July 18th.
More information about sponsorship packages, frequently asked questions, and more is coming soon, so please check the conference homepage for updates.