Over the course of three days every other fall, the SSDP network comes together to celebrate, learn, connect, and advocate at the SSDP Conference + Lobby Days. This year, SSDP2014 will bring more than 400 student members, alumni, and supporters to Washington, DC for our largest-ever gathering featuring:
- Educational programming. The core conference program will include prominent keynote speakers and panels addressing the hottest topics in policy, harm reduction, leadership, organizing, and advocacy.
- Awards Ceremony + Dance Party. SSDP recognizes outstanding network members with a biannual awards ceremony followed by a dance party.
- SSDP Job Fair. Students and alumni will have a unique opportunity to connect with drug policy reform organizations and legal marijuana-related businesses seeking to enhance their growing staffs with young people who are uniquely dedicated and already trained in leadership skills.
- Student Congress. Our annual student board member election and governing resolution process invites all SSDP members to participate in defining their SSDP.
- Lobby Days. Students, alumni, and network members will have a unique opportunity to lobby Members of Congress on a core issue for the SSDP network and other critical drug policy reforms with a team of like-minded advocates.
- And more. Alumni gatherings, regional meetups, networking meals, and other events offer nearly non-stop opportunities to connect with advocates and leaders of the drug policy reform movement!