SSDP Chapter Leaders Newsletter
Hi there SSDP rockstars!
We hope your chapters are off to a great start this semester. It’s looking to be quite a busy time for drug policy reform this winter. In addition to everything we’ve listed below, we wanted to let you in on some insider news… Next week, we will have some very exciting news about new policy proposals related to legalizing marijuana, including one that SSDP staff have played a key role to help come to fruition. Please keep this information to yourselves for the next few days, and keep your eyes peeled for an email from us next week with an official announcement and opportunity to take action.
- NH HB 118: Support a Statewide Good Samaritan Policy in New Hampshire
- Rhode Island Marijuana Legalization
- HI HB 150: Personal Use of Marijuana Act
- NH HB 492: Support Marijuana Legalization
- Tell Kansas Senator Mary Pilcher-Cook to Allow Hearing of Medical Marijuana Bill SB 9
- Support Marijuana Decriminalization in Indiana
- Help SSDP Gather Legislative Support for Medical Marijuana in New York
New SSDP chapters
We’re so proud to welcome the following schools as the newest additions to the SSDP chapter network:
From our blog
- January 23: Looking Back, Moving Forward – AMPLIFY our Voice in 2013
The AMPLIFY Project describes their expanded mission, the past year of growth and most importantly ALL the confirmed Winter/Spring ’13 tour dates!
- January 24: Virginia Commonwealth University Chapter’s Lobby Day at the VA General Assembly
Chapter Co-President Jurriaan van den Hurk Describes Their Successful Lobbying Experience
- ONLINE – Thursday, Feb. 14
Leadership webinar series, part 3
Chapter Fundraising – Securing Sustainability
- WASHINGTON, DC – Feb. 15-17
- WASHINGTON, DC – Feb. 16 9:00pm-midnight
- WASHINGTON, DC – Feb. 22-25
- ONLINE – Thursday, Feb. 28
Leadership webinar series, part 4
Chapter Leadership Transition – Passing The Torch
- BOSTON, MA – Saturday, March 2
- CHICAGO, IL – Saturday, March 9
- PORTLAND, OR – Saturday, April 6
- OAKLAND, CA – April 18-21
MAPS Psychedelic Science Conference
Thanks for everything that you do to help end the war on drugs. Keep up the great work!
Drew Stromberg and Devon Tackels
Students for Sensible Drug Policy
If you aren’t receiving our newsletter via email and would like to, click here.