Hi again SSDP rockstars!
Here is what’s new and on the horizon for Students for Sensible Drug Policy.
Leadership transition resources
It’s almost the end of the Spring semester, which for a lot of people means you’ll be moving on to new things. Whether that move is into a new chapter officer position, or walking across the stage at graduation, SSDP has the right solutions for you. Be sure to check out our leadership transition training materials on our website, and join our alumni network to stay in touch after you leave campus.
- Leadership Transition Webinar Materials
- Leadership Transition Resource Page
- Student Organizing Manual (p.10)
- SSDP Alumni Facebook group
- SSDP Jobs and Opportunities Facebook group
Please do pass this message along to anyone else in your chapter who is graduating or moving on.
- OH: Ohio HJR 6 – Marijuana Legalization
- FEDERAL: Support HR 1523: the Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2013
- FEDERAL: The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2013
- FEDERAL: Help End the Federal Funding Ban on Syringe Services
New SSDP chapters
We’re so proud to welcome the following schools as the newest additions to the SSDP chapter network:
- University of the Incarnate Word – San Antonio, Texas
- University of North Florida – Jacksonville, Florida
From our blog
Scholarship application and registration now open for our Federal Marijuana Lobby Day. Join us in our national office in Washington, DC for a training on Sunday June 16, then head to Capitol Hill to meet with your Federal elected officials about marijuana policy on Monday, June 17.
April 22: Summer Camp, not just for kids anymore!
SSDP’s AMPLIFY project is headed for Summer Camp Music Festival (PLUS offering 2 supporters a chance) to promote drug policy reform plus spread sensible harm reduction supplies & strategies.
WASHINGTON, DC – June 16-17, 2013
Our movement faces a critically limited window of time between now and this summer, when the U.S. House of Representatives may vote on an amendment that would seek to curtail DEA enforcement activities in states with legal marijuana markets. Join SSDP for a day of lobbying training, then head to Capitol Hill to make your voice heard.
* The deadline to apply for a scholarship is Monday, May 13th. – APPLY NOW
* The deadline to register for this event is Friday, June 7th. – REGISTER NOW
BARRYVILLE, NEW YORK – July 12-14, 2013
Come join fellow activist-students from across the east coast as we enjoy a weekend of camping, friends and fun in a beautiful and friendly campground.
BELDEN, CALIFORNIA – Friday August 9-11, 2013
Last year’s West Coast Campout was such a success that this year our Alumni have started planning it earlier! This time we’re moving inland to the Sierra foothills, where it’s warmer and the water is much more inviting. This is a great event to keep the momentum going through the summer months. The Second Annual West Coast SSDP Regional Campout will be held in beautiful Belden, California. More information.
Thanks for everything that you do to help end the war on drugs. Keep up the great work!
Drew Stromberg and Devon Tackels
Students for Sensible Drug Policy
If you aren’t receiving our newsletter via email and would like to, click here.