Drug cartel members burst into a Juarez drug rehabilation clinic yesterday, lining up patients and executing 17 of them. On the same day, newly appointed ( 2 weeks ago ) deputy police chief Jose Manuel Revueltas, was killed in President Calderon’s home state of Michoacan in western Mexico by heavily armed men in two vehicles just a few blocks from police headquarters.
- 13,000 people have been killed since late 2006
- Obama plans to give $1.4 billion to aid fighting drug cartels (aka, wasting tax dollars and increasing violence)
- Ciudad Juarez has become the most violent city on earth.
- In 2009 there have been 4,736 murders in Mexico
- There have been 24,000 arrests in 2009 and the violence still continues