Become an SSDPer!
Start a chapter of SSDP and join the student movement to end drug prohibition.
Not sure if your school already has a chapter? Find out!
For additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to start an SSDP chapter at your school
Our Outreach staff is available to help with everything outlined below and with anything else involved in building and maintaining a chapter. If you have any questions about the chapter start-up process, please email us.
Submit a New Chapter Application
Learn about SSDP and our available resources
- Read SSDP’s mission and values statement.
- Check out our extensive collection of resources for student activists, including sample chapter constitutions, printable flyers, press release templates, and more!
- Read our Student Organizing Manual for tips and best practices on building and managing a successful chapter.
- Read our blog to see what we and our chapters have been up to.
- Talk, connect, and share wisdom with SSDP chapter leaders all over the world in the SSDP chapter leaders Facebook group and on the SSDPtalk listserv.
Get in touch with your Movement Building Fellow
- One of our Movement Building Fellows will be in touch with you after you fill out the form to become an SSDPer. If you don’t hear from them within a day or so, feel free to email us.
- Your Movement Building Fellow will talk with you about your interests in drug policy reform and help you get started in one of three change-making pathways:
- Movement Building
- Policy Change
- Peer Education
Get Started on Your Path
- Your Movement Building Fellow will give you the first steps towards making change and ending the War on Drugs – work with them to accomplish the first task in your pathway.
- These tasks may look like, but are not exclusive to:
- Analyzing your school or region’s drug policies
- Hosting your first SSDP meeting
- Starting the first module of the Just Say Know program
Get to know our expert staff
- After you’ve started working on drug policy reform with your Movement Building Fellow, they will connect you with our expert staff.
- Depending on which areas you care most about, you’ll be in touch with a variety of staff members ready to help you build the movement, change policy, educate your peers, or some combination of all those activities.
The student movement to end the war on drugs is expanding rapidly, and we’re happy to welcome you into that growing movement. Talk to you soon!
– SSDP’s International Staff